New Server & preserving board history

Moderator: Tribal Council

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Urgon
Site Admin

New Server & preserving board history

Postby Urgon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi all!

I just wanted to send holiday greetings to everyone and let you know about the recent changes to the Volsung Tribe boards.

My previous web host was way behind in their updates, and I was looking to move my small cadre of websites elsewhere. These boards where on such an old version of phpBB that it was challenging to get it all moved over to the current version; however, it is now complete! We are running on current software and a faster server.

I decided to drop the front end of the website, and make http://www.volsungtribe.com map to the forums directly. I know we rarely use this site anymore, but I wanted to at least preserve it for those few times one of us drops in and says 'Howdy!'. Also, during the upgrades, we lost the custom visuals of the site. I will try to get those added in some semblance over the holidays.

Anyways, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying work, family, games & life in general!! Have a great holiday and don't forget to logon for the double-XP weekends around Christmas!

~Urgon
Game Naked... often...

LoTRO:
--Skrotto, Hobbit Hunter of 16 broken arrows--
EQ2:
--Samadhi, Dwarven Priest of 33 Vitae and 34 Dwarven Stouts--
{GMT -8}

Kharybdis
Axe of Siggurd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Server & preserving board history

Postby Kharybdis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for preserving this bit of history, Urgon. :P
LOTRO: Brandywine Server

Wyllraen: 50 Minstrel
Caeta: 27 Burglar
Wyllough: 15 Hunter
Kharybdis: 15 Champion

Return to “Announcements”