free demo and progressive servers

Discussions about EQ2

Moderator: Tribal Council

farf
Axe of Siggurd

Postby farf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:24 pm

hey, they eventually died, it just takes poison bolt and clinging darkness( a combined 18 damage a tick) a little while

Urgon
Site Admin

EQ1 ... and my quest for 'the tool'....

Postby Urgon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:17 pm

Hey all,

Yeah.. still playing 'Mesmur' my now 13th level Erudite Enchanter on the 'Sleepless' server. There must be something wrong with me. I know it's a leveling treadmill. I know that as soon as I get my 'Crookstinger' piercing weapon, I'll start to covet the 'Dragoon Dirk' or somesuch. I know this keening will not end with the next level...

yet.. I still play.
:oops:

BUT, I did get a little sidetracked on recovering my long lost EQ love... a certain tool that makes the game much more fun. If you have not heard, this is a linux program that passively listens to the data stream coming from the EQ1 server, and just displays them in a pleasant way. :twisted:

I had an old Pentium-2 400Mhz collecting dust in my garage, so I fired it up and set upon my quest to turn it into my tool box. I'm a real n00b at Linux, and I just had to rely on my old hacking & coding skills to get me going.

It took a few weeks of tinkering, but I was able to finally resurrect my PC and get 'theTool' running.... and only spending $6 on a new cpu fan, and $44 on a network hub to properly spam the packets to both machines. (yeah, wish I still had my cheapie hub from the late 90's.. but that hit the trashbin years ago..)

Downloaded Debian Linux for FREE (found the DVD iso images online). Download all the GPL libraries. Compiled them. Configured them. Spent a lot of time piecing together how this bloody system 'wants' to work, and finally got in running in 800x600 mode on Wed night. Last night, I finally found the source of my poor screen resolution, and have 1024x768 (good for my old Geforce card) running fine.

Now I can see every spawn by name, location on map, and hunt down those XP yeilding blues!! Weeeeee..... :D

But, I still have the fear. The fear of being banned if I utter 'theTools' name into cyberspace and the EQ1 spiders find me. That would be bad.. :(

Anyways, hanging out in Lesser Faydark for the moment... May head to Lake of Ill Omen soon...

..will probably kill Mesmur in the morning...
Game Naked... often...

LoTRO:
--Skrotto, Hobbit Hunter of 16 broken arrows--
EQ2:
--Samadhi, Dwarven Priest of 33 Vitae and 34 Dwarven Stouts--
{GMT -8}

Urgon
Site Admin

Mesmur Eyzine

Postby Urgon » Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Game Naked... often...

LoTRO:
--Skrotto, Hobbit Hunter of 16 broken arrows--
EQ2:
--Samadhi, Dwarven Priest of 33 Vitae and 34 Dwarven Stouts--
{GMT -8}

Lilae
Axe of Siggurd

Postby Lilae » Mon May 12, 2008 9:07 am

Lilae Peutiann - 50 shaman DAoC Galahad
-----------------------------------
Lylae - 60 NE Druid WoW - Kilrogg

Lilae - Cow Druid WoW - Kilrogg

WUNBadassTHANE
Axe of Siggurd

Postby WUNBadassTHANE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 am

I am summoning lots of dead threads in the name of BOREDOM.
BEHOLD!!!! The gaseous stench of SKELETOR's breakfast burrito!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wptJ2fYm3A

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Everquest 2”